Tuesday, April 22, 2008

Greener Pasture

Yahoo mail and Gmail has a new banner as I saw it yesterday. They are no longer seeking for greener pasture. They are green. I like it because it reminds me to be cognizant of the environment and pay attention to it. To see something bigger than ourselves and do something about it. This way, our myopic view of the pettyness of human inadequacy and the imperfection of others somehow be diverted into something productive.

April is autism awareness month (It’s enticing to think of a connection to someone I know but I’d rather not to). It is an abnormality that is prevalent nowadays. It affects not only the poor and the common but also the rich and the famous. There are theories that environment plays a significant contribution to the mutation of the child’s genetic composition and development. Climate change, industrial by-products, technological side effects contribute to the environment’s level of radioactivity and deterioration that affects the biological composition of every one. X-men and Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles are fictional characters delving with mutation. It’s a sad thing that children victimized by this genetic maladaptation will no longer enjoy these fictions. Unless they would like to be a part of this fictional world and be, or better yet, instead of being subjected to the judgements of narrow minded, cold blooded-perfectionist lost in self admiration.

Where do I go from here? What can I do to protect the environment?
1. I pledge to use vacuum cleaner once a month. I’m hitting two birds in one stone: Lessen, even in a minimum, the amount of CFC contributed to the green house effect and exercise by sweeping the floor.
2. Recycle and reuse. I used the empty bottle of mineral water and put back into the box to produce a dresser and table.
3. Use my time in reseraching (thanks to CNN and internet) to think of ways and exercise my creativity.
4. Create a forum and awareness to let others know that there are more noble activities than high-lighting the inadequacy of others.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...