Monday, April 21, 2008

Hyperactive, et al

Playing is such a diversion: basketball, badminton and dart. I enjoy the activity and the people I played with. Fitness is a very positive end with these means. In the process, I get myself push to the limit in a very constructive way: I gain strength, control my temper and experience fun with less intrigues.

Focus and goal. These are the things I love in shooting basketball. Despite the hardship of lifting the weight both mine and of the ball and projecting it into the cage, it lets me defy my limitation just to achieve the goal. It tests my stamina and my willingness to go on. Plus the score is such a boost in confidence. The pressure coming from my heartbeat and the expectators are factors that magnifies my focus. Although an actual opponent will surely rattle me but that's another story.

Badminton's gifts to the fitness of those who play are agility, precision and style. My perspective in badminton changed the moment I played. Although it seems that you just have to hit the shuttlecock, it's not easy at all. Your hand and eye coordination should work well if you want that shuttlecock to cross the net. And it's light weight requires a force. Your defense is not just a matter of luck due to wind direction but agility in motion.

Concentration, strategy and the element of surprise entice me to play dart with less body pain and sprain if not nothing at all. It's not just the score and how to have a homerun that counts. It's all about how you sustain the skill and the luck of aiming and pinning your target. The only time I sweat is whenever they all look out to see where the dart pins will land. And that happens everytime I pose to aim. whehehe.

In essence, hyperactivity is an antidote to melancholy. It helps oxygen to properly flow in my brain and body and consequently freshen me up, exercise the discipline and enjoy an activity without harming anyone.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...